5 challenges to Internet of Things

It's a bright Saturday morning and I wake up to heavy metal music blasting out from my Smart Alarm clock which I recently got from Kick starter.



Even before I manage to get myself out of slumber, the alarm system at my house suddenly spurns up an alert about somebody breaking into my house. While amidst this hara-kiri, my Nest alarm notifies me about the alarming levels of Carbon Monoxide inside my house.

But I was alive and kicking and no one had entered my house. What had transpired was a classic case of hacking of some of the home automation devices. While this was a hypothetical situation, it's pretty close to becoming the reality if certain measures are not taken.

[...]

While IoT brings about new opportunities; at the same time, it adds multiple layers of complexity. Such a new environment of devices will add a new dimension for policy makers in emerging economies who will need to chalk out a new blueprint for IoT related regulatory concerns.

The future lies in interconnected devices but how we manage them will decide how our Digital future is shaped.

See more at: indiatimes.com

Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment